Wow! What a journey this has been. It was New Years Eve 2008 that I got the “bright idea” to start a blog. I had absolutely NO CLUE on how to blog or even what blogging was all about. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that anyone outside of my husband and my mother would read it.
Well, fast forward 2 short years and here I am–having started multiple blogs, having one numerous awards, having met wonderful folks. It’s been quite a rollercoaster, filled with highs and lows, joys and sorrows, good times and bad. I’ve covered huge events like Super Bowl, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, and Art Basel and met incredible people. I’ve participated in extraordinary programs with companies like General Motors, TJ Maxx/Marshalls, Nissan, Dunkin’ Donuts, Gilt Groupe, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Lexus, and Disney Interactive. I’d like to thank some of the folks that have been instrumental in my success–
- My husband–who could not have done better with helping me to birth my blogging career if he had been trained by Lamaze. He’s put me back together after meltdowns, shared in celebrating my achievements, wiped my tears when things were too much to bear. He’s been there through it all. Thanks!
- My talented web designer, Christine Kantor of A Different Designer. I love my blog design and give her 100% credit for everything from the logo, to the colors and fonts. I couldn’t live without her.
- My incredible network of PR professionals and brand representatives–You keep me busy! I DEF could not have done it without you. Airkisses for you all, including Alice Fisher, Tara Solomon and her team at Tara Ink, Sara Shake and her team at Exposed PR and Events, Jen Heegaard at JeJe Consulting, Marysol Patton and her team at The Patton Group, Sonia Gibson of Sonia Gibson Associates, Amy Jacobs and her team at Rubenstein Communications, Rachel Tabacnic, Toby Srebnik and his team at Tilson PR, and Agustina Prigoshin of KOA PR, among others.
- My amazing community of South Florida social media folks, who support me unconditionally. This group includes Craig Agranoff, Patrick Barbanes, Maria De Los Angeles, Natalie McNeal, and David Rose, among others.
- My ThicknThin friends–like Jackie Johnston, Lisa Bobbit, Susa Miller, Leon Frager, Adrienne Trent, Lynn Burke, Olivia Wolff, Linda Tucker, Adriene Johnson, cuz/sister/friend Gina Hayes, Ananda Leeke, Cindy Marshall, Cathi Covert, Kat Matt, Denise Schoeffner, Jan Berkeley, Janell Lewis, Sharon Patrice and more…
- My fellow bloggers–you inspire me so… Beauty Chronicles, The Broke Socialite, Accidental Sexiness, Little Tech Girl, Makeover Momma, Mitch’s Daily Dish, Mike Lamonica, and others…
- The 3 Justices from Mama Law Media Group–Justice Fergie, Justice Ny, and Justice Jonesie. You guys rock hard! You will NEVER understand how much you and Blogalicious 10 changed my life. I’m a LIFER!
- Those friends who I met along the journey and who’ve become very important to me–including Jackie Abraham of Jackie Abraham Jewelers, Georgio and Mikaela Fernandez of LadyLash Studios, Victoria Duke of Academy of Glam, Fernando Tello of ellabellaroZio, Rick and Raquel Watters of Rik Rak Salon, Michelle Payer and her team at Ritz Carlton, Elizabeth Margo of Macy’s, Donald and Lisa Pliner and their FAB team, and more…
- Last, but certainly not least, my General Motors Family–including Stephanie Camargo, Jen Eccleston, Araba Dowell, Kam Kam Shows, Nina Price, GM Joe, Carolyn Normandin, and others..
So what’s next for me? As usual, I have plenty of irons in the fire–
Next week, I’m headed to Detroit to the North America International Auto Show with General Motors. Then I’ll be on a road trip to South Carolina–for a Clemson University Parents’ Advisory Council Meeting.
In Feb, I’m have FAB projects planned with Jen Heegaard, and also the Social Esquires.
In May, I’m speaking at SheCon11 in Fort Lauderdale.
In June, I’m hosting Bridalpalooza in Miami–a joint project with my friend, Tiffini Gatlin, of The Atlanta Go 2 Girl.
I’m so looking forward to 2011. I’m strapping in–I’m sure it’s gonna be a wild ride!