Granny used to say, “God gave us memories that we might have roses in December.” Of course, I was good and grown before it made much sense to me. For me, it simply means that not only should one linger in and cherish the AMAZING moments that life brings us, but we should also save some part of them for those most despairing moments that will inevitably show up. This year brought me an abundance of those amazing moments. Here are some of them–
- I crossed a HUGE item off of my bucket list–participating in a Flash MOB!
- I hosted some cool events like Jewel’s Fab Dinner Parties and Fashion’s Night Out at Bloomingdale’s!
- I attended some FAB local events like a tweetup on a cruise ship and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
- I learned new things like how to arrange flowers and the art of being a fashion stylist.
- It was DEFINITELY a year of cross country travel–to Southern California for the NAACP Image Awards and a DISNEY red carpet to Detroit for a cool trending conference and the Detroit Auto Show to Atlanta for a entrepreneurs conference to Chicago for a conference of Latino social media folks to South Carolina for Parent Advisory Council meetings to Palm Beach for a girls weekend out to NYC for Black Girls Rock
- There was even a 2 week period in Aug/Sept when I took on 2 international press trips with a 12 hour layover at home in between. *This will NEVER happen AGAIN. Trust me. And if you start having designs on doing the same, CALL ME. COLLECT.*
- It was a year of DRIVING–from the new convertible Nissan Murano to the Ford Fiesta to the Buick Enclave to Infiniti and the INCREDIBLE Chevy Volt.
- It was a year of winning–from the VERY COOL, VERY FUN Ikea Scavenger Hunt to the Social Media Champion award from General Motors.
2012 will be even bigger and better! There are already trips being planned and HUGE new things for me. Stay tuned. I leave you with my FAVORITE song to listen to on New Year’s Eve…