Yesterday, my friends at General Motors delivered a brand new Chevy Volt loaner to my driveway. Yep, the Volt--the electric vehicle with extended range. WOOT! The FAB folks at GM often lend me vehicles, but rarely am I SO EXCITED about them. Although I’ve done some Volt driving before, this will be my first extended period with it. GM says that the Volt is a true workhorse, so I plan to put it to the test.
They say that electric vehicles are the future and I do love the futuristic feel of the interior. So cool! This car uses electricity as its primary energy source and the gas engine as a backup. Of course, this means that it needs to be charged. My husband took care of it last night, but made sure that I knew that it will NOT be his nightly job. I guess I’ll be charging it tonight. <sigh> Did you know that charging the Volt once a day from empty to full costs about $1.50 and will consume less electric energy annually than the average home’s refrigerator and freezer units? ME LIKEY!
I have a million things to do in the next couple weeks and the Volt will be my partner through it all. Here are some of the places that we’ll visit:
- Today, we’re visiting my bestie Angelique Torrelonge at her FAB fur salon, South Beach Furs. You’ll LOVE her stuff!
- Tonight, we’re headed to the grand opening of Crave, the new dining destination in the Village of Merrick Park.
- Tomorrow, we’ll be checking out the new Ft Lauderdale headquarters of C&I Studios, talking about a new, “secret” project. SHHHH!
- Thursday, we’ll be in Coral Gables for lunch with Hispanicize and then checking out the new blo Salon in Midtown.
- Friday, we’ll follow Dwyane Wade all over town,as he makes the season bright with his annual series of community events.
Check out this short video about how the Chevy Volt works: